Roulette is one of the UK’s most popular online casino games. It’s easy to learn, exciting to play, and a thrill to win. If you’re new to playing roulette games, then Best Deal Casinos can help you find a casino that best suits your needs when looking to play online roulette.
The online roulette wheel
As in casino roulette, online roulette UK is based around a spinning roulette wheel. The roulette wheel is made up of evenly divided dips or ‘pockets’, each with a different colour and number combination. Pockets are numbered from 1 to 36, and are coloured either red or back. The numbers are randomly ordered around the wheel, while the colours alternate between red and black in an even fashion. Also thrown into the mix on the online roulette wheel are two green house numbers. One house number is a zero, and the other is a double zero. A variation of this is the French roulette wheel, which only has one green zero. A small roulette ball is then spun around the wheel, before coming to land in one of the red or black numbered pockets.
In a live casino a croupier would spin the ball, but in online roulette the wheel stays still and is only spun after you have locked in your bets. You bet on the ball landing on a certain pocket, or category of pockets, such as odd numbers. If you bet right, you win – it’s as easy as that!
The online roulette table
In order to place your bets in online roulette you need to know how to use the roulette board. It consists of the same numbers and colours of the pockets that you find in the roulette wheel. On the roulette board, the difference is the numbers are laid out in sequence rather than jumbled up. The numbers are set out in sequence, from left to right in three columns.
You will be given virtual chips in exchange for your money. To bet on a number, or group of numbers in online roulette, you drop your chips directly onto the number you want to bet on on the table.
The online roulette table will often display the limits for the game on it (or next to it), so do check these carefully. This relates to the maximum amount of money you can bet in a game, as well as the minimum. It may also state the maximum payout that is allowed on a bet. All tables are different so check the limits and find one that matches your budget.
Now you know the basics of this popular casino game, you need to know how to go about placing your bet. There are a number of different options available for you to bet on.
How to place your bet in an online roulette game
How you place your bet in online roulette is not just as simple as choosing one number, although you can do that if you want to. There are many different options for you to learn. You can bet on reds or blacks; odd numbers or even numbers; the first, second or third dozen numbers; the first or second eighteen numbers; or on any of the columns you find on the roulette table. There are also split bets, street bets, line bets, or outside bets. Lots to choose from! Let’s take you through them, they’re divided into inside bets and outside bets:
This refers to bets that are placed inside the rectangle on the online roulette table which contains all of the numbers. Here, you can choose whichever single number you like. Lucky number 7? 13? Thanks to James Bond, the most popular number in roulette is 17, aa this is what he always chooses to bet. Inside bets have the best rate of payout at 35-1, as you are less likely to win.
Bet on a combination of numbers as an inside bet:
• A split bet. This is where you can put a bet on two numbers which are next to each other on the rectangular roulette board. This double your chances of winning, but decreases your payout to 17-1. To place a split bet, place your chip on the dividing line between the two numbered squares.
• A street bet. Similar to the split bet, this kind splits your bet between three different numbers in a row on the rectangular grid. To place this kind of bet, which pays out at 11-1, you place your chip on the outside line of the grid, at the bottom of the ‘street’ of numbers you would like to bet on.
• A corner bet. This type of bet allows you to split your bet between four numbers, which are situated next to each other on the roulette table grid. This type of bet pays out at 8-1. To place this bet, put your chip on the corner where the four numbers you want to bet on intersect.
• A five number bet. This can only be played on a board which has both a zero and a double zero. This is called ‘betting with the house’ and consists of putting your chip on the line between the zero, the double zero, and one, two, and three. This bet pays out at 6-1.
• A double street bet. This is, as the name suggests, is similar to the street bet but involves betting on two, rather than just one, streets. Put a chip on the outside line of the grid at the base of the two streets you would like to bet on. The payout for this bet is 5-1.
If you want to bet on larger groups or categories of numbers, then you can place what’s known as an outside bet. These are placed outside of the rectangular roulette table grid with the numbers. These kinds of bets improve your chances of winning but give you a lower rate of payout than inside bets.
There is a choice of outside bets you can make:
• Red or Black. You can place a bet on the colour you think will come up. The number does not matter here, so you have a good chance of winning. Remember there are one or two green pockets in the wheel, however, so your chances are actually a bit worse than 50-50. These kinds of bet pay out 1-1.
• Odd or Even. Here you can place a bet on whether you think an odd number (1,3,5,7,9,11…) or an even number (2,4,6,8,10,12…) is likely to come up. These kinds of bet also have a 1-1 payout as there are 18 even numbers and 18 odd numbers.
• Through 18/19 bet. These bets involve choosing either numbers 1 to 18, or the numbers 19 to 36. This consecutive number bet also pays out at a rate of 1-1, it’s just a different way of diving the 36 numbers into two halves.
• Dozens. This type of bet divides the 36 numbers into three instead of two, and so pays out at 2-1. You can choose either the first dozen numbers, the second dozen numbers, or the third dozen numbers to bet on.
• Columns. Another different way of dividing the 36 numbers into three groups is to bet on a column. The numbers are arranged into three columns on the online roulette board and you can choose any of the three to bet on. This bet also pays out at 2-1.
• All outside bets lose. This is not the kind of bet that you can place but rather something that can happen when you are placing outside bets that is worth being aware of. If the ball falls into the zero or double zero pockets then this constitutes the house winning, and is called ‘all outside bets lose’.
• En Prison. This is a difference between American and French wheels, where landing a zero does not automatically mean all outside bets lose. Instead, if this happens on a French online roulette wheel, all bets are frozen in jail and the wheel is spun again. If the ball lands in the zero again then all outside bets lose, but if not, you’ve been given a second chance!
So now you know all of the different bets you can place in your online roulette game. There’s just a few more things to consider before you play your first game.
Download roulette vs. live online roulette?
When you are choosing an online roulette game, as well as making sure you pick a reputable provider and a table which has a limit you are comfortable with, you have the choice of live online roulette, or software-based roulette which you download.
The games are the same for both, as are the kinds of bet you place and their payouts. Where the difference lies is that with live online roulette you are playing with a real person, who is managing the game and acting as croupier. With download roulette you are playing a machine which randomly generates numbers. Some find the live roulette more exciting as it is more comparable to playing at a real live casino.
Another difference, which is quite important to be aware of, is that in live roulette there is strict time limit for placing your bets. You must place them within the given timeframe, which can be more exciting or more stressful, depending on your personality and roulette playing confidence! The time limit is generally some time between 30 seconds and a minute, with the average being 40 seconds.
An additional consideration when you are choosing which kind of online roulette you prefer is that the payout and betting limits are generally way higher in live roulette than they are in download, software-based online roulette.
Top tips for online roulette beginners
And finally, here are some of our top tips for starting out as an online roulette player. Of course, you can just start betting small and go for trial and error, but there are roulette strategies you can think about to maximise your chances of winning.
1. Try a Freeplay option first to get some practice and learn your way around the online roulette board and the different bets you can make. That way, when you come to spending money and placing real bets you’ll be confident in your knowledge of the game.
2. Make outside bets like odd numbers, or black numbers, when you are starting out to maximise your chances of winning and reduce the odds of you losing money. Once you have a better idea of the game, you can go for more complex bets.
3. If you are going to go for an inside bet, choose a split or street bet to improve your chances of winning. Single number bets are exciting, but your chances of winning are very slim. Well, one in 38! Of course, your payout is great if you do hit a single number.
4. Choose a reliable and approved online casino, such as http://bestdealscasinos.com and make sure they offer a random number generator for their download online roulette.
5. Try a strategy called the Martingale online roulette strategy. It basically states that if you lose, double your bet. If you win, halve it. The theory behind it calculates that by playing in this way, you exponentially increase your bet – adding up to a win for you overall in the end.
6. Have fun! Roulette is an exciting game, that no strategy in the world can make certain you win, so enjoy the thrill of never knowing which number will come up – and keep your bets at responsible limits to make sure your game stays fun.
Go to bestdealscasinos.com and click the link to find your perfect online roulette game and start playing today!